Sunday 13 March 2011

She Might be Ready, But Am I?

As I look back on the last year, my mind spins to think of all the changes I have experienced. My family has went from Kenzie & I with two brothers living away from home, to Kenzie, hubby & I, with three brothers living away from home. I moved out of the home I had lived in for ten years, and started a new, married life.

Now, I am looking at not only having Kenzie move out, but also living as an adult who is NOT actively living with and raising any children. For the first time in 28 years! Let that one sink in for a moment. I have never, in my entire adult life, not been raising a child.

Just hubby and I. Am I ready for this? if not, how do I get ready? How do I know if I am ready? sheesh! I don't think they have written books about my particular circumstances. And I don't know anyone going through anything near to it.

Any parents I know who have kids with down syndrome are not yet planning for them to move away. Am I rushing things? I don't think so, but sometimes I feel these pangs of guilt. The guilt is ridiculous, I know - she is beyond thrilled about moving.

Oh me, oh my. This flu better pass quickly, I have had way too much time to think.

No comments:

Post a Comment