Monday 21 May 2012

New Home, New Network

It took quite a bit of manoeuvring and a whole lot of man power (thanks Adam!!) but the girls were settled into their new home at the beginning of May. I hate to say it, but we kicked them out. Ok, I don't hate to say it, but it is the truth. We moved back to the old house (where they were living) and so we had to find them a new place to live.

I think they may have got the better end of the deal. Brand new place with hardwood floors and granite counter tops. Yeah, life is rough!!

I have also started up a new network system. It is through www.tyze.com and it is an online networking system. I signed up, created a profile and then invited others onto the network. It is a closed system, by invitation only. It allows me to post things like Kenzie's schedule and let members of the network know when she needs help with things.

For example, I can post that she has an appointment on Thursday at such and such a time. People who are invited onto the network can "claim" that appointment and let everyone else know that they will take responsibility for getting her there. I think it will be great, if I can just get people to sign in and use it... Daddy Jim?????

I'm coming to the realization that we need to be a bit more purposeful in creating and expanding her network. People have the best of intentions, but day to day life happens and it is easy to forget that you said you would help out. Or some people just don't know HOW they can help. This should be useful. we are also going to be joining www.planedmonton.ca in the near future.

We are still working on finding Kenzie more work for the fall so she won't have so much free time. One of the things I posted on her online network is a copy of her resume so people have an idea of what she is capable of doing and what types of experience she currently has.

No comments:

Post a Comment