Wednesday 21 December 2011

Where Does Time Go??

Yikes! I can't believe I haven't posted anything here since August. Life has a way of getting away from a person, doesn't it!


Kenzie and Ashley are nicely settled in to their new home. There have been a few bumps along the road but overall, nothing we, and they, haven't been able to handle. Most of the things have been house related - a broken down dishwasher that spewed water all over the floor and into the basement was the latest.


Meals continue to be a struggle as there haven't been any meal-bee's planned. I sent out an email to see if some from her circle that had previously expressed an interest would be willing to put into action what they had talked about. Unfortunately, I received no response so I think I will have to work on setting something else up.


To be really honest, the whole "village" thing hasn't been working as well as I had hoped. The diabetes education portion worked great and my friend stepped up and helped immensely. Another friend stepped in and took on the financial end of things. But as for any of the social, physical or spiritual support, it has pretty much been non-existent - none of the stuff people said they would do has come to fruition.


We will be facing a scheduling challenge in the new year as Ashley's courses change at the University. We have been very fortunate that the store where Kenzie works has been quite flexible and I am hoping that continues. Either that, or I am going to have to start putting some screws to the County about providing appropriate transportation so she can have more independence. I don't like the idea that her work schedule gets changed every time Ashley's does just because there is not a proper transportation system here in town.


That is the quick and the dirty update. If you have any questions, please post some in the comment section - maybe that will help me not neglect this blog lol!

1 comment:

  1. I would like to think that we have provided some support albeit from a distance....mostly via FB chat...maybe just maybe some need to be reminded of their promise of commitment...
    On the flip side I know all too well how time can pass one by.....Although I do understand that is of little consequence for you at this time when you must be feeling overwhelmed by it all....

    ReplyDelete